Canyon Ranch Institute serves as the administrative home of the National Call to Action on Cancer Prevention and Survivorship Community with the responsibility to:
- Identify and designate NCTA community projects that serve to advance the goals and strategies of the NCTA, and
- Provide a central "hub" for the NCTA Community members to communicate, share ideas, and disseminate information to the NCTA Community and the cancer prevention and survivorship community at large.
How We're Making a Difference
Canyon Ranch Institute has established an NCTA Council of Experts for the NCTA Community. The Council of Experts provides insight and counsel to CRI in its role as administrative home of the NCTA Community and also as appropriate to NCTA Community members.
The NCTA Council of Experts members and Ex Officio members are:
- David S. Alberts, M.D., Director, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Regents Professor of Medicine, Pharmacology, Nutritional Sciences and Public Health
- Jennifer Cabe, M.A., CRI Executive Director of Canyon Ranch Institute, co-editor of the National Call to Action on Cancer Prevention Survivorship; and Council Chair
- Richard H. Carmona, M.D., M.P.H., FACS, CRI President, 17th U.S. Surgeon General (2002-2006) – Ex Officio Member
- Adam Michael Clark, Ph.D., Director of Scientific and Federal Affairs, FasterCures
- Joycelyn Elders, M.D., M.S., 15th U.S. Surgeon General (1993-1994) – Ex Officio Member
- Peter Greenwald, M.D., Dr.P.H., Associate Director for Prevention, National Cancer Institute, NIH
- Gary Gurian, Program Director, C-Change
- Susan Higginbotham, Ph.D., M.P.H., R.D., Director of Research, American Institute of Cancer Research
- Antonia C. Novello, M.D., M.P.H., Dr.P.H., 14th U.S. Surgeon General (1990-1993) – Ex Officio Member
- Steven R. Patierno, Ph.D., Executive Director, George Washington Cancer Institute, Professor of Pharmacology, Genetics and Urology, the George Washington University
- Amelie G. Ramirez, Dr.P.H., Director, Institute for Health Promotion Research, Associate Director of Health Disparities Research,
Cancer Therapy & Research Center, Universityof TexasHealth Science Center at San Antonio
- Ruth Rechis, Ph.D., Director of Evaluation and Research, LIVESTRONG
- Christine L. Sardo, M.P.H., R.D.
- David Satcher, M.D., Ph.D., FAAFP, FACPM, FACP, 16th United States Surgeon General (1998-2002), Director, The Satcher Health Leadership Institute and Center of Excellence on Health Disparities, Morehouse School of Medicine, Morehouse University – Ex Officio Member
- Laura Seeff, M.D., Chief, Comprehensive Cancer Control Branch, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Kim Thiboldeaux, President and CEO, Cancer Support Community
- Mel Zuckerman, Founder and Chairman, Canyon Ranch
Canyon Ranch Institute is currently analyzing outcome data from the evaluation of this program. When data becomes available, Canyon Ranch Institute will share that outcome data via scholarly publication, presentations, and here on our website.