The CRI Healthy World Scholarship program began in 2015 to commemorate the 35th anniversary of Canyon Ranch. To further Canyon Ranch Institute’s community efforts, Canyon Ranch generously donated 25 stays at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, AZ, as scholarships for people who work or volunteer in low-income and medically underserved communities. The scholars participated in a wide range of health and wellness activities at Canyon Ranch, discussions with thought leaders, and workshops with Canyon Ranch and Canyon Ranch Institute experts to help them gain new insights to enhance the health and well-being of people with whom they work. Scholarships were awarded in five categories:
- The first group, recipients of the Richard H. Carmona Scholarship for Returning Veterans, are veterans of the U.S. uniformed services deployed in world conflict areas since 2001. Read the report.
- The Arts and Health group was comprised of five talented people who serve their communities through dance, theater, video, and the visual arts. Read the report.
- The Healthy Garden scholarship group was comprised of four people who help improve health and well-being through their work in gardens and other spaces where people get in touch with the natural world. read the report.
- The Schools and Communities scholarship group was comprised of seven people who help improve health in their communities through education and prevention programs. Read the report.
- The Healthy Table scholarship group was comprised of six people who work with food and nutrition to help improve health and wellness in their communities. Read the report.